This is for egg lovers; you should get the best egg cooker to enjoy different egg recipes. You can use it to make hard-boiled eggs, poach eggs, boiled eggs, and even steaming vegetables. Like sandwich makers, egg cookers are great additions to the kitchen and can save the day.
One good thing about eggs is that they are easy to cook and also very high in nutrients. According to the Harvard School of Public Health, one egg yolk contains up to 200mg of cholesterol. This makes it a rich source of dietary cholesterol.
We have compiled a list of some of the best egg cookers you will love in this review. They are of different sizes and brands; you can select the one you feel is the best for you. So feel free to go through the list, and if you love what you see, gift yourself with one and start enjoying perfectly cooked eggs.
Before we check the best egg cookers, let's see what types of egg cookers are available.
What is an Egg Cooker?
The egg cooker is a little electric kitchen gadget that easily prepares simple egg-based recipes. This appliance has a large enough room to boil multiple eggs at once.
It also has an autonomous station where a particular egg can be stored. As a result, these eggs are unable to bash each other.
Typically, an egg cooker will come with a measuring cup so you can figure out how much water you'll need based on how many eggs you're preparing and which hardness you prefer.
In addition, the product normally includes an egg piercer and an egg pricker. Before putting your eggs on the shelf, use these tools to pierce them. As a result, these eggs will have smooth, rounded ends.
A top cover, a bowl, a pin, a heating plate, a plug, a power button, a power indicator, and the main body are normally included with this device.
While the water is not yet boiling, this appliance can cook your eggs right away. The amount of water used in this situation is solely to determine the hardness of your eggs.
Types of Egg Cookers
Did you know that there is more than one type of egg cooker? Keep reading to see the options.
a). Electric Egg Cookers
This model is referred to as a countertop egg cooker. It is well-known for being a technologically advanced device. Furthermore, it frequently includes inserts that allow you to successfully poach and boil your eggs.
Egg-based meals come in a variety of textures. Furthermore, this egg cooker saves time when boiling multiple batches of eggs. Just so you know, they make great Christmas gift ideas as well.
This kitchen device usually includes timers and buzzers to alert you when your eggs are ready to eat.
b). Microwave Egg Cookers
This device has a bit of difference from electric egg cookers. The product is made of plastic. People usually know about it in the form of an egg-shaped container. It includes a bowl to accommodate the water, a rack to place your eggs on, and a top cover.
This type is generally effortless to clean after use compared to electric devices. Besides, you can cook eggs faster than other products.
However, you select one type of egg only, and all of these eggs are cooked with the same amount. If you prefer cooking more than one option, such as scrambled, boiled, and poached eggs, you can make a microwave egg cooker your friend.
Which is the best egg cooker?
The Best 10 Egg Cookers
1. Dash Rapid Egg Cooker: Egg Capacity-6
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is the ORIGINAL (and most trusted) egg...
- SIX EGG CAPACITY: Cook up to 6 eggs in soft, medium, or hard boiled firmness, while saving...
- VERSATILE: This is the PERFECT appliance for picky eaters, large families, or those who...
- COMPACT plus LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing 1lb, the Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is your MUST-HAVE for...
- INCLUDES: Dash Rapid Egg Cooker includes a poaching tray, omelet tray, 6 egg holder tray,...
The Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is the finest egg cooker for you if you're short on time when it comes to cooking your eggs. The oddly-colored apparatus claims to be able to make a dozen deviled eggs in under 10 minutes, while hard-boiled eggs can take up to 16 minutes to cook.
The Dash Rapid Egg Cooker features a 'precision' heat sensor and will cut off automatically when the water has completely evaporated. In addition, the cooker comes with a measuring cup and pin, a poaching tray for up to two eggs, and an omelet bowl, in addition to boiling eggs.
The Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is great if you don't want a large kitchen appliance. It weighs just over one pound. In addition, unlike any other egg cooker, the Dash Rapid Egg Cooker comes in various colors, including aqua green, black, red, white, and yellow.
Like any other egg cooker, this gadget has an audible alert so you can know when your eggs are ready.
2. Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker: 12 Egg Capacity
- SATISFACTION: Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker is based on the original, most-trusted egg...
- QUICK + EASY: Short on time? Simply set it and walk away: the auto-off feature ensures...
- VERSATILE: From hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and...
- 2 IN 1: Alleviate appliance clutter with the Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker. Steam...
- INCLUDES: Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker is backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty, and it...
The second tier of this egg cooker allows you to cook up to twelve eggs simultaneously. Eggs can also be used to make various dishes, including hard, medium, and soft-boiled eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, omelets, steamed vegetables, various shellfish, and dumplings.
The non-electric portions of this device are simple to clean. Simply place them in the dishwasher. In addition, it contains a buzzer that will alert you when your eggs are ready.
You should also use an inbuilt timer to set the cooking time. Then, you simply hit the start button and wait for the results, which should be in approximately 12 minutes or less.
Separate trays and bowls are included. You can also use it when preparing large dinners. A measuring cup with a built-in pin is included in the package for accurate water measurement.
3. Elite Cuisine EGC-007 Egg Cooker: 7 Egg Capacity
- RAPID BOILING: Fill measuring cup with water to desired doneness, press the power button...
- EASY-TO-PEEL SHELL: Cook up to 7 eggs in soft, medium, or hard boiled firmness, while...
- VERSATILITY: Whether pairing with avocado toast or preparing deviled eggs for a potluck,...
- WHATS INCLUDED - Egg Cooker base; Dishwasher Safe Removable Parts: 7-Egg Tray, 2-Egg...
- 2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY and US-BASED Customer Support Team lets you buy with confidence.
This egg cooker has a built-in steamer that makes steaming omelets a breeze. If you use this equipment every day, you will have a superb egg-based dinner daily if you use this egg cooker. It also has a 360-degree steam circulation system that heats up rapidly and evenly cooks eggs.
You may cook eggs in various ways, including hard, medium, and soft-boiled firmness. This kitchen equipment includes a measuring cup for accurately measuring the amount of water needed.
This cup also has a sharp point that allows you to make many holes, making it easier to remove the shells of even soft-boiled eggs. It also ensures that your eggs are properly boiled.
4. Cuisinart Egg Cooker: 10 Egg Capacity
- Cooks 10 eggs in shells to a hard, medium or soft consistency with the 600-watt heater
- Poaching tray with 4-egg capacity and omelet tray with 3-egg capacity
- Brushed stainless steel lid; blue LED indicator, audible alert and standby mode
- Built-in cord storage for easy cleanup. MC Cubic Feet is 0.60
- Cooker includes a 180 ml measuring cup with piercing pin
This egg-shaped cooker is also one of the best that you can find in the market. It has handles on both sides for easy lifting and moving. However, they tend to get hot when using the cooker, so oven mitts are essential.
This Cuisinart egg cooker can steam cook eggs moderate, soft or hard-boiled eggs. You can also use it for making poached eggs as it has removable trays. It also has an omelet tray and the amount of water you use is what controls the cooking time.
This egg cooker also has an on/off switch, a blue LED light, audible alert and standby mode, which prevents the eggs from over-cooking. Another great feature is the piercing pin which you can use to poke holes in the eggs for easy peeling.
5. Chefman Egg-Maker: 6 Egg Capacity
- NO MORE GUESSWORK: Easily boil, poach, or steam up to 6 eggs in minutes, faster than...
- READY FOR BREAKFAST? No need to wait for your hard-boiled eggs to cool to move them after...
- COMPACT & EASY TO CLEAN: BPA-Free lid, cooking and poaching trays are top rack dishwasher...
- NOT JUST FOR EGGS: Not only can you steam eggs to hard-boiled perfection or create tender...
- RESOURCES: cETL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, &...
The benefits of steaming food are well-known among those committed to preparing nutritious meals. Of course, boiled and poached eggs are great for a healthier supper, but what about the vegetables?
The Chefman Electric Egg Cooker/Boiler can also steam vegetables, making it a very versatile product. All you need is a good veggie chopper to cut them in reasonable sizes then steam and enjoy!
You will get an alert alarm will sound when the food is ready. The non-electric areas of the Chefman Egg Cooker/Boiler are also dishwasher safe, which is a bonus. This ensures that the cleanup process is as simple as possible.
Making healthy meals is easier than ever with the Chefman Electric Egg Cooker/Boiler. Simply fill the egg maker with vegetables and eggs, add water, then push the button. The machine then takes care of the rest, ensuring that you can have a delicious and healthy lunch in no time.
6. Hamilton Beach 25505 Electric Sous Vide Style Egg Cooker
- Makes perfect egg bites — Compare to Starbucks egg bites. Skip the expense of egg bites...
- Create endless flavor options and fresh, preservative-free ingredients: you can make an...
- Enjoy consistent results every time. Don't bother with the oven or taking the time to sous...
- Egg cooker with nonstick egg bite/poaching tray. Eggs won't stick and after cooking, The...
- Power and cooking lights. This egg maker and poacher has lights that indicate when power...
You might appreciate this food steamer if you like the idea of an electric egg cooker that will make your egg-cooking safe but don't like the idea of a gadget with only one usage. Two stackable steaming trays with divots to keep eggs upright are included. If you want to steam larger foods like a complete head of broccoli, remove the middle divider and use one or two trays at a time. Hamilton egg cooker is also suitable for poaching eggs.
It boasts higher-end features, such as a digital touchpad, an automated keep-warm setting, a count-down timer, and a delayed-start feature because it isn't only for eggs. It's great with fish, poultry, sausages, and veggies. A rice bowl is supplied, which can steam rice or keep small foods contained. Despite all of these advantages, it is reasonably priced.
When water runs low, the steamer will turn off heat automatically and beep, ensuring you get the alert. If you want to add water, you won't even have to remove the food, simply pull out the water drawer for a refill, then restart the steamer.
7. Egg Genie by Big Boss: The Original Egg Cooker
- Cooks up to seven hard, medium or soft eggs
- Manually off and built in cooking timer
- Clear top allows you to view eggs while cooking, egg tray allows you to easily transport...
- Convenient egg poaching tray
- Built-in steel piercing pin
You can prepare any egg-based cuisine with this egg cooker in only a few minutes. In addition, it can steam veggies.
This bright kitchen appliance is small enough to fit on the counter comfortably. Furthermore, all you have to do is place eggs and other meals within the model and wait for a beautiful result.
This device has an auto-shutoff feature as well as a built-in timer. As a result, you won't have to bother checking the cooking process at any time.
To make cooking easier, it comes with a handy egg poaching tray. In addition, the shells are protected against cracking by an embedded steel piercing pin. Finally, using a water measuring cup, you can quickly change the amount of water.
In addition, you will receive a recipe book that will allow you to try a variety of cooking techniques.
8. Chef's Choice 810 Gourmet Egg Cooker: 7 Egg Capacity
- High security crosscut with 14 sheet capacities; destroys CDs, DVDs, credit cards and...
- Shreds paper, CDs, DVDs, credit cards into small pieces (5/32 by 1-7/32 inches), security...
- Nonstop 10-minute continuous run time
- Overload protection prevents serious paper jam, quiet operation
- 5. 0-Gallon pullout bin with LED indicator lights standby/ overheat/ bin-full/ overload/...
The Chef's Choice egg cooker is one of the more costly egg cookers, although it is still extremely reasonable. It allows you to cook eggs to varying degrees of doneness in the same batch. So while the eggs are soft-boiling for breakfast, for example, a few eggs can be hard-boiled for later use.
As the eggs finish cooking, remove them and set the timer for the remaining eggs simply because the controls account for the last cooking time.
There's no need to measure water precisely for multiple batches of eggs because this uses a timer—fill the reservoir to the line and start cooking. Even better, the reservoir can hold enough eggs for numerous batches, so you don't have to fill it with each batch.
This egg cooker cooks seven eggs at once and has an audio alert and an on/off switch, so you don't have to unplug it to stop the cooking. The egg tray is made to be raised safely with one hand after cooking to rinse the cooked eggs under cold water.
9. Presto Electric Egg Cooker
- Makes 12 hard-, medium-, or soft-boiled eggs; poaches eggs too.
- Easy egg storage! Removable covered tray stores cooked eggs in fridge.
- Measuring cup markings indicate amount of water needed to make hard-, medium-, and...
- Signal light and buzzer indicate when eggs are done.
- Includes electric nonstick water reservoir, 12-egg boiling tray, two poaching trays, water...
Do you require a large number of eggs to be cooked simultaneously? Then, the Presto 04633 Egg Cooker would be the finest egg cooker for you if you said yes. This kitchen gadget is made from plastic and makes 12 hard, medium, or soft-boiled eggs. It can also cook four poached eggs. The Presto 04633 Egg Cooker has the largest capacity of any of the top egg cookers reviewed in this roundup.
This cooker includes a measuring beaker with markings to indicate how much water to pour into the nonstick aluminum water reservoir. It also contains a signal light and buzzer that signals when the eggs are done. As well as the auto-shutoff feature.
Once you've finished frying your eggs, you can quickly store them in the fridge using the included removable trays and cover.
10. Maverick SEC-2 Henrietta Hen Egg Cooker
- MAKE HARD, SOFT OR POACHED EGGS IN A SNAP - Quickly make perfectly cooked eggs by choosing...
- LARGE CAPACITY - Rack can cook up to 7 hard or soft boiled eggs and poaching tray up to 4...
- FUN RETRO DESIGN - Henrietta is shaped and stylized like a hen, which chirps when you eggs...
- PIERCING PIN - Piercing pin prevents shells from cracking; dishwasher-safe removable parts
- INCLUDES - Hen lid, egg cooking rack, poaching tray and base/heating plate
One of the best egg cookers is shaped like a chicken laying eggs. This charming machine boils or poaches eggs to order and "chirps" when the eggs are done, whether you're cooking eggs Benedict for brunch or egg-salad sandwiches for school lunches, or if you have a large, hungry family who wants breakfast.
A poaching pan for four eggs and a cooking rack for seven eggs are hidden beneath Henrietta, the hen's large form. A power base holds a tray, a rack, and Henrietta.
Using this egg cooker is a breeze; all you need to do is pour one of three levels of water into the base for soft, medium, or hard-boiled eggs. Then pierce the big ends of the eggs with the piercing pin in a separate cooking-rack compartment to prevent shells from shattering; plug in the power base, and steam cooks the eggs. All the hard plastic parts are dish washable.
What Should You Consider When Purchasing the Best Egg Cooker?
When you want to buy the best egg cooker, you don't just go to the store and pick the first one you come across, nor do you order the first one you see online. Instead, you have to check a few factors to ensure that it is the best egg cooker for you. It also helps you pick one that will meet your needs with minimal effort. So, let's see what these factors are.
a). Cooking Options
Multiple cooking settings are one of the most crucial characteristics to look for in an egg cooker. If you enjoy breakfast sandwiches, seek a gadget that cooks cracked eggs in a circular form that can be placed on an English muffin or sliced toast.
In about 20 minutes, most countertop egg steamers can create boiled or poached eggs. Soft-boiled, medium-boiled, and hard-boiled eggs are all available.
b). Egg Capacity
You can cook six to seven in an egg cooker. Some devices can cook four eggs simultaneously, making them ideal for a couple, a single person, or a student. On the other hand, others can hold more than ten eggs at once, even twelve or fourteen.
A huge egg holder takes up more storage space than a little egg rack. On the other hand, several egg cookers come with two egg holders or a two-tier design to save room.
Consider whether you generally make egg-based recipes for one person, a small group of family members, or a large group of people. As a result, based on your cooking habits, you will select the appropriate size.
Stainless steel, nonstick materials, plastic, aluminum, or a combination of these materials make egg cookers. You'll also notice a heat-conducting substance on the transparent plastic lid and the base.
Remember that the plastic should be BPA-free to keep you safe when using it. Plastic pieces are lightweight, translucent, and cool to the touch; yet, they are not as durable.
The best egg cookers alert you to the completion of a cooking cycle in various ways. For example, some machines will notify you to turn off the machine with an auditory indication. Others automatically turn off the stove when it's done cooking.
Some models have a function that keeps the eggs warm until you're ready to eat them. Some electric egg cookers have a visible timer, but the finest models calculate cook times based on how much water you put in the bottom of the machine and alert you when it's done.
What are the Benefits of Electric Egg Cookers?
Electric egg cookers offer a convenient way of preparing your eggs. You can do so in different methods and enjoy all the benefits of an electric egg cooker.
Also, having an easier way to prepare eggs allows you to eat healthy, especially if you don't have a lot of time to make breakfast. Eggs have a high satiety value, making them a good option for those trying to lose weight, especially when taken for breakfast.
a). One-Touch Power Button
Simply put the eggs in the cooker and use the power button and the timer as required. Although most egg cookers can cook many eggs at a time, you can use them for cooking fewer eggs, even one if you like. Once the eggs get ready, you get an alert.
Most electric cookers have a compact size that makes them fit even in small spaces. This means that they can easily fit in your kitchen cabinets. Also, if you like, you can place it on the countertop and still have enough space for other things.
An electric egg cooker comes with different trays, so you can easily cook your eggs in different styles as you desire.
d). Measuring Cup
A measuring cup is available to assist you in accurately measuring the water so that your eggs are cooked to your liking. A 'pin' mechanism at the bottom of the cup allows you to break the shell.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Egg Cooker
1. long does it take to cook eggs in an electric egg cooker?
It varies depending on the machine, the number of eggs, and how you prefer your eggs cooked. They can be completed in as little as 5 minutes in some situations, but larger machines with the maximum number of eggs can take up to 18 minutes.
2. Why do eggs crack in an egg cooker?
In each egg, there is a pocket of air. As the eggs cook, the heat increases the pressure in that pocket, and the expanded air wants to escape. While eggshells are permeable and allow air to pass through, the air cannot always leave quickly enough, causing the egg to crack.
Many egg cookers recommend piercing the bigger end of the egg to release the pressure and prevent the egg from breaking while cooking.
3. Is an egg cooker healthy?
In general, faster and lower-heat cooking methods produce less cholesterol oxidation and preserve the majority of the nutrients in your eggs.
As a result, the healthiest cooking options include poached, scrambled, and boiled eggs. They don't add calories to your diet.