After you’re done going through this best non-stick griddle list, you will toss out your regular frying pan in favor of one of these beauties. Whether you are cooking vegetables, meat, or some eggs and pancakes for breakfast, using a griddle pan will elevate your experience.
Using the best griddle pan will give you that chargrilled and smoky flavor that will take your senses on a little adventure. Griddle pans cook your food differently because they sear the food and seal in the juices and flavors. This then adds a caramelized flavor that is similar to barbecuing.
Let’s look at some of the best griddle pans that will revolutionize your cooking experience.
1. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Griddle Pans
- Durable, hard anodized body delivers excellent heat conduction and scratch resistance
- Three layer, PFOA free, German engineered nonstick coating for years of performance using...
- Comfortable stainless steel handles
- Low walls increase cooking space and make it easier to flip food
- Oven safe up to 430°F/220°C
Starting us off is a non-stick square pan from OXO. The low sides on this griddle pan make it perfect for flipping your food as you cook. Because it’s made from hard-anodized aluminum, you can expect even cooking all around and no hot spots. The hard-anodized aluminum material also ensures that there’s fast and even heat distribution.
These griddle pans are also oven safe up to 220°C (430°F), after which they run the risk of warping. Ensure that you confirm that the temperature doesn’t exceed this stated level to avoid ruining your hard-anodized aluminum griddle pan. This grill pan can work on several cooktops except for induction cooktops. However, it lacks the ferrous metal needed to handle this as the cast iron does.
The triple layer non-stick coating makes this griddle pan a lot more durable than the other griddle pans on this list. This best non-stick griddle also has stainless steel handles that are cool to the touch and ensure that you don’t burn your fingers. The rolled edges also enable you to have drip-free pouring every time. You can choose to clean this pan by hand or throw it into the dishwasher.
- Very durable
- Has rolled edges for drip-free pouring
- Cool-to-touch stainless steel handle
- Oven safe and dishwasher safe
- Can work on many cooktops
- Unsuitable for induction tops
- Has a heavy handle
2. Non-Stick Electric Griddle Crepe Maker
- QUICK & EASY BREAKFAST: Creating perfect & delicious crepes & blintzes for the whole...
- COMPACT & CONVENIENT DESIGN: This heavy duty hot plate cooking machine is small enough to...
- EASY TO USE: Make evenly cooked crepes all the time. This portable crepe maker has...
- SPREADER & SPATULA INCLUDED: To make breakfast preparation a lost easier & simple, the...
- WIDE COOKING SURFACE: Making a big crepe or preparing breakfast all at once is possible...
This electric griddle has a compact design meant to give you the best service, whether you are making a delicious breakfast or a tasty snack. The design makes it perfect for use on your countertop as it doesn’t take up that much space. The LED indicator allows you to know when it is time to put on your raw food.
This griddle pan also has a built-in rotary dial on the front that allows you to adjust and control the temperature as you see fit. The drawback with this system is that it doesn’t have temperature guides on the dial. Therefore, you’ll need to do some guesswork to find what works best for you. Nevertheless, you can use this non-stick aluminum surface to make crepes, blintzes, bacon, eggs, and pancakes.
The raised lip prevents any liquids from spilling over. This acts as a safety feature and a way to ensure that none of the delicious flavors escape. The aluminum cooking surface makes the cooking process easier as you won’t worry about your pancakes or eggs sticking to the surface. This purchase also comes with a batter spreader and a wooden spatula for easy cooking.
- Has a compact design for easy storage
- Convenient non-stick aluminum surface
- Has an LED temperature indicator for easy use
- You can comfortably adjust the temperature
- Has a wide cooking surface
- Heating can be inconsistent
- Not suitable for large families
3. GreenLife Soft Grip Ceramic Nonstick Griddle
- Our healthy and easy-to-clean ceramic nonstick coating is derived from sand and free of...
- This tough, diamond-reinforced nonstick coating is incredibly durable
- Soft Grip Bakelite handles are designed to stay cool on the stovetop for maximum comfort
- Made from recycled aluminum and reinforced with a wobble-free base for extra strength and...
- Dishwasher safe, but most messes wipe away
This best non-stick griddle is the queen of non-stick surfaces. If you don’t like using cast iron griddles, you’ll enjoy this aluminum griddle pan. The best part about this non-stick surface and the griddle is that it is made from recycled aluminum. This means that it is eco-friendly, and its production ensures less waste in the environment.
The nonstick surface is free from lead, cadmium, and PFAS, making it healthy to use at all times. Your pancake batter or whatever it is you’re cooking will heat evenly and cook better thanks to the even heat distribution of this non-stick griddle pan. In addition, the Diamond Reinforced Technology used to design these pancake griddles makes them easy to clean because nothing sticks on them.
The downside of this griddle is that the surface coating can get damaged if you don’t take proper care. So ensure that you follow the instructions while you clean and use it. This griddle is oven safe up to 177°C (350°F). You can also use it on the gas stove, electric stove, or even ceramic stove. However, you cannot use this best griddle on induction cooktops because it doesn’t need ferrous metal.
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe
- Handle remains cool at all times
- Convenient nonstick ceramic coating
- Even heat distribution and a wobble-free base
- Not suitable for induction cooktops
- Nonstick cooking surface is not durable
4. Farberware Nonstick Griddle Pan
- QUICK TO HEAT INDOOR GRIDDLE: Aluminum griddle ensures fast, even heating; distinctive...
- PREMIUM NONSTICK GRIDDLE: SmartGlide Nonstick System with durable, top-quality nonstick...
- OVEN SAFE, DISHWASHER SAFE GRIDDLE: The nonstick pancake griddle is oven safe to 350...
- COMPLIMENTS OTHER FARBERWARE ITEMS: This square griddle is a great for making bacon or...
If you have a gas or electric stovetop, you’ll enjoy using this aluminum non-stick griddle that heats fast and provides even heat distribution. The hot spots often found in many cooking surfaces are absent on this flat surface, perfect for frying eggs and cooking even a dozen pancakes. You can also easily flip your food, and you won’t worry about cleaning it up later as nothing will have stuck on it.
We advise that you ensure that your food is well cooked before trying to flip it, as it can be hard to get your metal utensils under the food. The reason for this is that the flat cooking surface is textured, making your turner have a hard time passing through. In addition, the handles of these grill pans are double-riveted, ensuring that they stay in place as you cook.
The handles are also cool to the touch allowing you to comfortably move the grill pans from the stove to the oven and vice versa. This pancake griddle is also dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 177°C (350°F). Avoid using it in higher temperatures to eliminate the risk of warping. Because it is a square pan, you also get more space to cook your tasty grilled cheese sandwiches and burger patties.
- Oven safe and dishwasher safe
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Has a cool nonstick surface
- Great for gas and electric stovetops
- The textured cooking surfaces can be a bother
- Contains PTFE
- Unsuitable for ceramic and glass stovetops
5. T-fal B16713 Initiatives Nonstick Square Griddle
- Easy non-stick square griddle to make the perfect breakfast.
- Exceptionally durable dishwasher safe cookware for easy clean up
- Durable non-stick interior for easy cleaning and cooking
- Ergonomic comfortable grip. Oven safe up to 350.F/177.C
- Delivers even heat distribution for reliable cooking results
If you’ve heard of T-Fal, you know that it is a popular brand that incorporates innovative technologies into its designs. This griddle pan is a testament to that. The Thermo-Spot technology used to make this pan gives you a heads up when the pan is ready to use. In addition, the combination of aluminum and stainless steel used to construct this griddle pan makes it able to withstand high temperatures and heat up fast.
This grill pan is oven safe and can withstand temperatures of up to 177°C (350°F). The Proglide non-stick surface is easy to clean as nothing sticks on it. However, note that you need to season this grill pan after every 10th wash before putting it in the dishwasher to ensure that the nonstick cooking surface stays intact.
This best non-stick griddle also comes with a lifetime limited warranty. However, ensure that you take care of your pancake griddle to avoid getting a new one. Another drawback is that the handle is heavy, and you may find the grill pan leaning towards the handle when it is empty. Ensure that you pay close attention to it while it’s on the pan to avoid any accidents.
- Heats up quickly and saves you time
- Has an ergonomic and comfortable grip
- Great for all heat sources
- Oven safe and dishwasher safe
- It can be used on an induction cooktop
- Durable construction
- Has a heavy handle
- The nonstick coat is not durable
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Non-Stick Griddle
The size of the griddle pan you choose depends on the size of your family or when you want to use it. If you have a large family, you can get a double-burner griddle that will allow you to save time since you can cook several meals at once.
On the other hand, if you live alone or have a small family, getting a single burner griddle will be enough to do even a dozen pancakes or less at a go. Then, depending on how often you indulge in cooking pancakes, you can get the griddle plates that suit you.
A double burner griddle will get the job done faster when you need to. Another thing to note when choosing the best pancake griddle is that square pans usually offer you more cooking space compared to round frying pans.
Nonetheless, the round pans often have better heat control and can distribute the heat more evenly.
The material of the square griddle pan or any other pan you choose affects the heat conduction. Therefore, you want to get a pan with hot spots that can burn your food and ruin your breakfast.
Whether you want cast aluminum, enameled cast iron, heavy-gauge aluminum, aluminum core, or a tri-ply stainless steel griddle, ensure that you have read how well the griddle conducts heat on stovetop burners.
Cast iron or carbon steel best pancake griddles are often durable and long-lasting. However, they often take longer to heat up. Therefore, whether you are roasting vegetables or making some tasty pancakes, you want to ensure that you know how your best electric griddle or normal griddle works.
When it comes to non-stick griddles, the materials most often used are titanium or aluminum. However, a ceramic coating can also do wonders to a dozen pancakes and make the cleaning process a breeze. These two materials are also lightweight, which adds to their appeal.
3. Non-Stick Coating
The nonstick coating makes these griddles on this list great for making the crispy bacon you love. However, some materials to avoid include lead, PFAS, PTFE, and cadmium. In addition, Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is known to be an active ingredient of Teflon.
Although it is often harmless, it can be harmful if the temperatures rise above 260 °C (500 °F). This is why many people avoid getting a double burner griddle or single burner griddle with this material.
A cast-iron grill pan or a pan with a ceramic coating are better alternatives and still have good heat control. Other nonstick surfaces to look out for are stainless steel, cast iron, hard-anodized aluminum, and even heavy-gauge aluminum construction.
4. Electric or Stovetop Griddle
Both electric pancake griddles and stovetop griddles have their advantages. Therefore, depending on what foods you’ll be cooking as well as your preferences, you can decide which one you want. In addition, the stovetop griddle can go from the stovetop into the oven.
However, the electric griddle can only be used on your countertop.
Another advantage of the nonstick stovetop griddle is that it is easily portable. If you want to use your outdoor grill, you can comfortably carry your cast iron griddle and enjoy your picnic or hiking. Electric griddles still have their advantages.
For example, you can use the rotary dials to ensure proper heat distribution and control as you cook.
Whether you have a cast iron griddle or a Calphalon griddle, you want to be able to do something in case it gets damaged. If your cast iron or aluminum griddle comes with a warranty, ensure that you read the instructions and user manual carefully before starting using it.
This will allow you to know what you can or can’t do with your grills pans. All of our options above are oven and dishwasher-safe. Avoid using metal utensils on your non-stick surface to prolong its lifespan. You want your best non-stick griddle to last as long as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which is better? An outdoor griddle or grill?
They are both great options, and it depends on what you want. The best non-stick griddle has a smooth flat surface that allows for heat distribution and even cooking. Grills have raised ridges and allow your food to cook directly over the heat source.
2. Can you cook steak on a griddle?
Yes. First, preheat your griddle pan and then cook the steak for about 3 minutes on each side. Flip as many times as possible until it reaches your desired level.