Salt and pepper two very important ingredients when cooking and serving food, and you want them close and easily retrievable in the kitchen and at the dining table. Now, there's a challenge you hate, using your fingers or spoons to fetch salt and pepper from an old container you've had for years. It would help if you had a salt shaker, and not only that, an effective and stylish one.
When buying a salt and pepper shaker, the most important factor to consider is how you want to use it. If you love using fresh spices and freshly ground salt, what you need is a shaker with an inbuilt grinder. In another instance, maybe you already own your salt and pepper mills but want something stylish for your dining room table.
The following are 5 of the best salt and pepper shakers you can buy today and make your meal preparation easier, and your meals delicious.
1. Willow & Everett Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
- Quality Grinders: Built to last, these durable glass salt and pepper shakers are made with...
- Form Meets Function: Our salt grinder and pepper mill are designed with the grinding...
- Refillable: Constant refills making you a little salty? We designed our salt and pepper...
- Chic Design: Shake up your spices and take your kitchen from monotonous to modern in no...
- Included Stand: Any master chef knows you need a stand for your spices. Our salt and...
This grinder set is your best option if you like your salt and pepper freshly ground. It is made with high-quality glass and stainless steel material and is tall, so you don't have to keep refilling often. It has an elegant glass body, brushed stainless steel encasing, and ceramic grinder design for your dinner table or kitchen appeal. The glass body is a helpful feature that shows you the amount of salt or pepper remaining, thus letting you know when to refill.
Refilling the shaker is not a messy process; screw off the stainless steel top to reveal a wide opening to fit a good amount of ingredients without spilling.
One great feature about this Willow & Everett set is the grinding mechanism on top of the grinder. The grinder itself is ceramic, which ensures it does not mess with flavors, and features a plastic knob on each salt and peppermill, which allows you to adjust how fine or coarse you want your ingredients to be. The grinding process only takes a few twists of the stainless steel top from you, and you will have your ready to use salt and pepper.
2. Home EC Premium Salt and Pepper Shakers
- Multiple Adjustable Pour Hole Settings: 2 settings control the amount of salt & pepper...
- Easy refilling - Holding 1/2 cup of spices, this set is the perfect size to reduce...
- Easy to clean high quality glass and stainless steel shaker set: This salt and pepper...
- Multiple Uses: Use as a popcorn salt shaker dispenser, Cinnamon Shaker, Powdered Sugar...
- Made to last a lifetime with high quality stainless steel & glass: Our salt shakers &...
Do you hate having to refill your salt shaker every few days? If you do, this shaker from Home EC is your ideal option. It is 4.5 inches tall and holds enough spices, so you don't have to be refilling as often.
It is a good shaker for your kitchen and dining room table owing to its elegant design. It features a brushed stainless steel encasing and a glass body, making it durable and a sleek addition for any home. The glass body shows the contents inside the shaker so you can know when to refill. The materials are also easy to clean, meaning you can change the ingredients whenever you want.
Unlike many other salt and pepper shakers, this product has adjustable pour hole settings. Its lid has 4 settings; 3 control the amount of salt or pepper you pour, and 1 seals the shaker when not in use to prevent moisture and keep your spices fresh.
3. Olde Thompson 5.25" Statesman Wood Pepper Mill and Salt Shaker Set
- Add style to your dining room table: Our 5.25” Walnut-Stained Statesman Pepper Mill and...
- Customizable grinding: Professional quality carbon steel pepper grinder is fully...
- Comes unfilled, ready for our premium quality Olde Thompson whole peppercorns.
- Includes gift box packaging: Give the perfect housewarming gift with this prefilled pepper...
This set from Olde Thompson is your perfect choice if you want a simple salt shaker and a pepper mill for fresh pepper. The company has made pepper mills in America since 1994, so you can rest assured they have some of the best quality products.
The salt shaker and pepper mill have everything you need for a stylish dinner table presentation. They are both made with stained walnut wood that guarantees longevity.
The salt shaker features a stainless steel top with pouring holes for easy pouring. It is ideal for adding salt to already cooked food. The pepper mill features a carbon steel grinder that is easily adjustable to grind ingredients the way you like them, from fine, medium, to coarse.
To clean the products, you use a dampened cloth or paper towel. You should not immerse the products in water as water will destroy the wood. It would help if you also did not use salt in the grinder as it will corrode the carbon steel.
To use the pepper mill, you only need to turn the nut clockwise for a fine grind or anticlockwise for a coarse grind.
4. Juvale Salt and Pepper Shakers
- Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Shakers Set: Our condiment shakers are made from...
- Tabletop Accessories: Classic, elegant design; perfect for home kitchens, restaurant...
- Modern Design: Each seasoning shaker for cooking and dining is clearly labeled in an...
- Dimensions: Each piece in this cute stainless steel salt and pepper shakers set is 4...
- Easy to Clean: Simply hand wash the 2-piece salt pepper shaker set and towel-dry or...
If you want some style and order for your kitchen and dining room, look no further than this elegant combo from Juvale.
The salt and pepper shaker is made with stainless steel with glass at the bottom to remind you to refill when the shakers are getting low. The best feature about these shakers is the salt or pepper labeling on the body and the S and P shaped pouring holes on the lids; you have no chance to confuse the ingredients, which makes the shakers ideal for your home, restaurant, deli shop, and café.
The shakers are 4 inches tall, which means you won't have to keep refilling after use. They are easy to wash with soap and water.
5. Sweese 812.102 Porcelain Salt & Pepper Shaker
- PACKAGE - Set includes one salt shaker, one pepper shaker, and two silicone caps. The two...
- COMBINE DECORATION AND FUNCTION - They’re super cute and fit perfectly. And they have a...
- VINTAGE MASON JAR DESIGN - Design of Vintage-style mason jar and small bottle don't...
- PRO-GRADE PORCELAIN & SAFE FOR DISHWASHER - These Sweese salt and pepper shaker set are...
- DELICATE HOUSEWARMING GIFT IDEA - Friends, Anthropologie Addicts, Seasoners, look no more,...
This Sweese salt and pepper shaker set is what you buy when you have a color theme to observe in your kitchen. The set contains a salt shaker, a pepper shaker, and two food-grade silicone caps. They are sold in different shapes and colors, and their vintage mason jar design combines functionality and decoration.
The shakers are made with durable porcelain that can withstand many years of use without damage. They are easy to use, and their suitable size makes them easy to grasp. They also feature classy embossed fonts to mark their use, a crucial feature because you can't see the ingredients inside.
They are easy to clean as well as dishwasher safe. They also have a wide mouth that makes it easy and mess-free to refill.
Factors to Consider When Choosing The Best Salt and Pepper Shakers
Salt and pepper shakers are important kitchen and dining tools. When looking to buy the best, you should know a few determining factors about them.
1. Differences between salt and pepper shakers
Salt shakers and pepper shakers are different in design. While you may not have known the distinguishing features because they are usually sold in sets, analyze the following when buying your new set.
a). The number of holes.
The number of holes on the lids of a shaker tells you which is for salt and which is ideal for pepper.
Pepper shakers have more holes than salt shakers so people can regulate their salt intake.
b). Size of holes.
Salt shakers, apart from having fewer holes, have larger holes than pepper shakers. They are designed this way because salt has bigger particles than pepper, which is mostly finely ground. The few large holes are ideal for regulating salt intake.
Companies that manufacture identical salt and pepper shakers often emboss the shakers with the names Salt or Pepper or the letters S and P to differentiate between the shakers.
If you are not sure which shaker is for which ingredient, buying an embossed set will be a better way to differentiate between them.
2. Different types of salt shakers
There are different types of salt and pepper shakers dependent on the material used to make them. The following are the most common materials that make shakers.
a). Wooden salt and pepper shakers
Wooden shakers have been in use for many years now and are regarded as the most durable and safe salt and pepper shakers available.
If you are looking for shakers to use at the dinner table, wooden ones may be the best choice since they blend well with the furniture and possess a traditional and welcoming feel to meal times.
The only downside about wooden shakers is they are not easy to clean, especially with water. You may not be able to use the shakers with other spices as wood is known to absorb different smells.
b). Glass shakers
Glass shakers are best when you want to see your ingredients in their containers. They are also ideal for decorative purposes as glass blends in well with any furniture and house themes.
Glass salt and pepper shakers are easy to clean with soap and water and can be used with other spices because glass won't stain or absorb smells.
c). Metal shakers
These are shakers made with stainless steel or copper materials. They are durable, easy to clean, but also heavier.
They are very famous currently, and because of that, they are made in different shapes and designs to fit contemporary furniture and kitchens.
d). Ceramic shakers
If your kitchen or dining room boasts a vintage theme, you should consider buying ceramic salt and pepper shakers.
They have numerous designs and shapes and, therefore, enough to add a decorative function to your kitchen or dining room.
They are easy to clean.
e). Acrylic and plastic shakers
These are the most lightweight shakers, easy to clean, and most ideal if you are on a tight budget.
However, they come in different colors and can improve the decoration of your kitchen. They are also the best for restaurant tables and kitchens because of uniformity.
Buying a set of the best salt and pepper shakers is an important step in improving your recipes and your kitchen's style. When buying one, remember to consider important factors such as durability, ease of use, color, the cleaning method, and price.
Analyze a shaker's features carefully before purchasing; it is important to determine the amount of salt or pepper a shaker can pour, or if a shaker with a grinder would be better for you, or if it has a sturdy grip to prevent slipping.
It is best, when buying a salt shaker, to have your preferences. For instance, you can decide which material you want for your shaker, which design can fit with your furniture and theme, which extra features you would like, e.g., the side spouts if you are a baker, etc.
Once you decide to buy a specific shaker, ensure it is eligible for free returns in case it is damaged on receipt. Read the manufacturer's guide on cleaning and maintaining tips, and check if there are other ways to use the set in the future when you upgrade your shakers.